Distribution Service Representative
This applicant pool may be used to fill additional openings within 90 days of the posting close date.
- May perform customer service, distribution line design and/or various customer operations as primary role.
- Plans and reports on activities such as providing new services, information about products and services, energy conservation, and complaint resolution.
- Conducts activities directed toward the efficient utilization of electric/gas/water products and services being fully aware of company policy and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and maintains positive business relationships, internally and externally, to promote company goals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Two years or more college or technical education in, or relating to, electricity PLUS two year or more job objective related experience
- High school diploma or equivalent PLUS six years or more of directly job objective related experience
- Examples of directly job objective related experience include electrical wiring, line design and staking, and proficiency in multiple applicable computer programs such as Maximo, CIS, and GIS tools.
- Valid driver's license required
- Significant level of interpersonal and communication skills required.
- May spend significant time away from employer's place of business, and may be exposed to hazardous or dirty environments at customer sites.
- Applicants should also possess strong customer communication abilities, the capacity to quickly learn new computer systems.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.